Agriculture Community Outreach Health & Safety Initiative
The mission of this program is to provide health and safety information for farm producers, farm families, rural communities, rural businesses interacting with farmers with the goal of maintaining and improving physical and psychological health and well-being.
DID YOU KNOW? More than one-third of the Nebraska population (33%) lives in rural communities. These communities have limited access to healthcare and emergency services, mental health practitioners, dental care, internet access and limited educational health and safety resources.
The Nebraska Safety Council is kicking off a new Agriculture Community Outreach program called Cultivating Community to help meet this need by increasing access to health and safety resources and training opportunities for local residents. You are invited to join us in this state-wide effort.
The following health and wellness programs are available to you and your community-free of charge:
- Sleepless in Nebraska Presentation
- QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Training for Agricultural Communities, a Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training
- Staying Safe on Nebraska Roadways
- Talking About Ticks: a Lyme Disease Prevention Program
- Zoonotic Disease and Pregnancy: A Deeper Dive
Additional wellness and safety programs available to you and your community for a minimal fee include:
- Break the Habit/Nicotine Cessation Program
- Confined Spaces & Recovery
- Drug Impairment Training
- First Aid Training
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Food in the Field
- Respiratory Protection & Fit Testing
The Cultivating Community program is sponsored by the Nebraska Safety Council and community partners AgriSafe Network, Nebraska Extension Office and the Nebraska Department of Transportation.
To request additional information, please contact:
|Kelsey Pruss, MS
Wellness Services Manager
402-483-2511 ext. 103