Members - Log in for member pricing.
An accident investigation is an "after the fact" response. It is a process that uncovers hazards or problems that can be eliminated so that similar events will not happen in the future.
This four-hour course is an introduction to accident investigation. It presents a practical approach to investigating workplace accidents by emphasizing how to find the root cause(s), conduct an investigation, and make effective recommendations to prevent similar occurrences from ever happening again. The course includes case studies and other examples to illustrate the concepts, as well as practical tools such as sample forms and checklists.
The target audience for this course is safety committee members, safety managers, human resource managers, supervisors and others who may be involved in accident investigation.
Topics in this course include:
- What to investigate and why
- Being prepared (policies/procedures, team, investigation kit)
- What to do first (providing medical care, dealing with the immediate risk)
- How to conduct an Investigation
- Secure and evaluate the accident scene
- Collect evidence and gather facts
- Interview witnesses
- Analyze and find the "root cause"
- Report and Follow Up
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Be prepared with a policy, team, and investigation kit
- Conduct a complete investigation - including how to assess the accident scene, collect evidence and interview witnesses
- Conduct an analysis and find the root causes
- Report and follow up
Course Length: 4 Hours
Course Fee: $140 (Members $95)
Below are a list of events which are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event.
There are no events in the selected category
If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 104 for information about on-site training.