You can check out OSHA's Fact Sheets for either industry for high-level updates:
If you're looking to gain more insight into how you can make sure your company avoids costly fines and how to best protect your employees, we can help! Bring in an expert to provide an in-depth training session or to consult on building up your company's program - call us at 402.483.2511 to tell us more about your needs or questions.
Understanding Competent Person for the Silica Standards
Here's the definition under the standard:
"Competent person means an individual who is capable of identifying existing and foreseeable respirable crystalline silica hazards in the workplace and who has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate or minimize them. The competent person must have the knowledge and ability necessary to fulfill the responsibilities set forth in paragraph (g) of this section."
The Nebraska Safety Council can provide the training and knowledge your employees need to be considered a competent person, the company/employer must also then ensure this person has the authority to take quick action when hazards are found.
Our sessions and consulting will provide you and your employees a clear understanding of the protections required and you’ll get insight on how OSHA will evaluate your attempts to meet compliance.
1. Gain knowledge of the background of this current regulation and where it stands today relative to a legal challenge.
2. Understand the approved engineering, administrative, and personal protective equipment controls which must be followed.
3. Learn what the permissible exposure limit (PEL) relates to in daily operation.
4. Examine and understand the written program elements that OSHA will evaluate.
5. Find out how to determine the “who” and “when” for medical surveillance
Don't wait for an inspector to show up, let us help you get peace of mind on this complex topic.
Course Length: 4 hours
Cost: Non-Member $142 (Member $99)
Members - Log in for member pricing.
Below is a list of events that are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event. If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information about on-site training.
Silica Standard Compliance
There are no events in the selected category