What do we collect?
When registering, ordering, or donating on our website, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number or other details.
When do we collect information?
When you register on our website or enter information on our website.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you when you register for a class, purchase materials or items, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, make a donation, or use website features, such as:
- Process your transactions.
- Sending emails related to your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
To ensure your visit to our website as safe as possible, our website is monitored on frequently to manage security.
Your personal information held within our secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized individuals, who are contractually required to maintain confidentiality. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider. No transactions are stored or processed on Nebraska Safety Council servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will make your site experience less efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
The Nebraska Safety Council does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifiable information.
Third party links
At our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. View Google's adwords policy here.
Google AdSense is not activated on our website.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Nebraska Safety Council adheres to the the Fair Information Practices Principles.
In the event of a data breach: The Nebraska Safety Council will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
Individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act
- The Nebraska Safety Council adheres The CAN-SPAM Act.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
3270 Folkways Blvd. Suite 201
Lincoln, NE 68504