Members - Log in for member pricing.
Prepare now in the event of an emergency. Learn how to develop an emergency response plan and work with local & state emergency responders. Recognize the hazardous substances in your workplace, conduct risk assessments, and develop appropriate measures if a release were to occur. Learn how your role is critical in the emergency response process and how your action can protect property and lives.
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training is required by OSHA 29CFR1910.120 for RCRA activities (section "p") and emergency response (section "q"). HAZWOPER training with the Nebraska Safety Council meets both requirements. Your need for training will vary depending on the chemical hazards in your workplace and the level of response required by your written emergency response plans. Train to your level of needed preparedness.
The following learning objectives will be met:
- Initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release
- Understand hazardous substances and their risks
- Learn potential outcomes of a release and the ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances
- Discover the role of the first responder in the emergency response plan and proper use of the D.O.T. Emergency Response Guidebook
- Learn hazard and risk assessment techniques and know-how to select and use proper PPE
- Understand hazardous materials terms & relevant standard operating procedures
- Become familiar with control & containment operations and basic decontamination procedures
- Know how to implement an employer's emergency response plan and function with an assigned role in the incident command system
- Understand classification, identification, and verification of known & unknown materials by using appropriate methods and instruments
- Become knowledgeable of proper specialized chemical protective equipment and understand & implement decontamination procedures
- Understand basic chemical and toxicological terminology, hazard and risk assessments, and containment operations
- Learn to respond & provide support to HazMat technicians and act as a site liaison with Federal, state, & local government authorities in regard to site activities
- Learn how to implement the local emergency response plan
- Develop a site safety & control plan and understand in-depth hazard & risk techniques
- Understand classification, identification, and verification of known and unknown materials by using advanced survey methods and equipment
- Determine and implement decontamination procedures and equipment
- Learn how to assume control of the incident scene, the hazardous materials response (HazMat) team, and the response effort
- Gain the ability to analyze a hazardous substance incident to determine the magnitude of the response problem
- Practice planning and implementing appropriate response plans within the capabilities of available personnel and equipment
- Implement a response to an incident, evaluate the progress of the emergency response, and adjust the response plan as conditions require
Course Length: 5 Days (40 Hours)
Course Fee*: $1,072 (Members: $749)
*Discounts are available for multiple registrations. Call 402.483.2511 ext. 115 for information.
Members - Log in for member pricing.
Below is a list of events that are open for registration at this time. You can view more information about an event by clicking on the title of the event. If no events are listed, please contact us at 402.483.2511 ext. 108 for information about on-site training.
Now Available Online!
Our team is working to make as many courses available online during this pandemic because the safety and health of employees are now a priority more than ever before. To keep training accessible, classes are transitioning to online options.
The same quality training from trusted experts - live online. Attendees will join a live online classroom, participate in Q&A, polls, have the opportunity to ask questions, receive resources, and more.
Access information - including links and call-in details - will be emailed to registrants prior to the event. If you are registering other employees for this course, please be sure to share/forward these important communications.
|Event Date||12-07-2020 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-11-2020 4:30 pm|
|Class Schedule ID||9549|
|Location||Nebraska Safety Council|